The Quick-Check performs all the same transformer tests as the TILT II, and also tests capacitors and capacitor banks. The Quick-Check uses the same single push-button operation as the TILT II and automatically distinguishes between transformers and capacitors. The Quick-Check tests capacitors individually or connected in capacitor banks. The Capacitor O.K. indication confirms that the capacitor is not internally shorted or open.
Both units are available with either manual self-test tabs on the side of the unit or automatic self-test. The units will automaticallyperform a complete self-test of the battery, lights, beeper and all electronics every time the TEST button is pushed. A magnet is also available for hands-free operation.
• Tests transformers andcapacitors for major defects before energizing
• Tests overhead, pad-mount and other distribution transformers as well as capacitors and capacitor banks
• Tests the primary and secondary sides of de-energized transformers without disconnecting
• Prevents line workers from installing a fuse on a shorted transformer or capacitor
• Quickly verifies the secondary connections are not shorted
• Large copper alligator clips with heavy duty boots
• Heavy duty rubber insulated coiled test leads
• Compact, lightweight and easy-to-use
• Powered by a 9V alkaline battery
• Super bright LED indicators
• Audible alarm confirms successful test
• Built-in self-test feature available
• Continuous testing while button is pressed
The TILT II and Quick-Check are versatile testers for a wide variety of test configurations and applications. A 3Ø overhead transformer installation is an ideal application for the TILT II or Quick-Check. After all the secondary wiring is completed and the phases are connected to the meter box, use the TILT II or Quick-Check to verify that all of the secondary connections are correct, that no phases are grounded or crossed. They can also be used to test pad-mount transformers by testing each phase to neutral and each pair of phases for shorts or opens in the windings. The TILT II and Quick-Check will not detect a partially shorted transformer coil or an improper transformer ratio. The Quick-Check will not detect a capacitor with a partial short or open with the wrong kVAR.
The TILT II and Quick-Check are intended for quick and simple testing of transformers and capacitors for shorts or opens. The TILT II and Quick-Check should be used only on equipment known to be de-energized. The Quick-Check will not leave a significant charge on a capacitor. Using the TILT II or Quick-Check on the secondary sides of transformers may generate high voltages on the primary sides. Stay clear of all primary side connections while testing.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $159.00
Special Price: $139.95
|size||21” (53.34 cm) retracted, 54” (137.16 cm) fully extended|
|Power Supply||9V alkaline battery|
|Mitchell Catalog Number||9UQCASTM, 8UQCASTM, WBQCASTM,|